School Transit Pass Program
Would you like to bring your students to the library but are in need of transportation?
Would you like to introduce your students to our city's public transportation system?
The Library and Greater Sudbury Transit have teamed up to create a program to bring classes to the library on a city bus.
How the program works:
- Please fill out the Class Visit & Transit Request Form to submit your request for a transit pass at least 2 weeks in advance.
- When we receive your request, we will send your School Transit Pass and a transit schedule.
- Your visit to the library must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Transit Passes may be used for groups of up to 30 indivduals.
- If you do not require staff support and are planning a visit on your own, please confirm your visit with us so we can notify Greater Sudbury Transit to alert them of your pending visit.
- On the day of your visit, arrive at the bus stop nearest your school at the scheduled time. The bus will bring your class to the bus stop closest to the library you are visiting, either on the same route or after transferring. Please be sure to show your driver your Transit Pass each time you board the bus.
- Students will then walk to the library. If library staff are assisting with your class visit, they will meet you at the scheduled time.
- Once the visit is over, students will return to the bus stop. The bus will then return you to the bus stop nearest your school.
- If you must cancel your visit, please try to let us know 24 hours in advance.